Friday, May 21, 2010

I scored big time!

This past weekend, before all the moving going on, I decided I had to get some retail therapy going. I found a local garage sale and for $3, seriously, $3 I got the following:


I’m pretty sure that bowl on the right is milk glass right? If anyone can tell me, I would be grateful. Next a crystal decanter. It has the sticker and it says its crystal, made in France. Then this great wooden box with coasters and finally a white teapot.

I also got 2 pairs of curtain panels:


See how well they match my new floor? ( that will be in another post)


I’m pretty excited and just wanted to share =)


  1. cute stuff!
    i love yard/garage sales!

  2. I found you through New Friend Friday on The Girl Creative! LOVE me some bargains!! Garage sales are a serious weakness for me. ;)

  3. Why does retail therapy make us feel so good? Why does cheap retail therapy feel even better?
    It's temporary, but worth it! :)

  4. Great deals!! I can't believe you got all of those items for only $3!!!

  5. Hi Ela, this is wonderful. That is milk glass but I do not know much about it it or the era.....there are so many kinds. I appreciate you linking to my you mind just linking that though...more or less you say joining Debbiedoos Garage salen party and you link like my name back to my blog:) Thanks...look forward to seeing you again.

  6. I just stopped by to see your first Pink Saturday post. I'll try to come back later.

    Great finds!

  7. I love your finds! They are incredible!
    Sometimes I post things I find at the thrifts..
    it is so much fun!

    You blog is very pretty, I enjoyed visiting!

    Flora Doora

  8. stopped by via Pink saturday -
    love a good find don't you? Such a feeling of TRIUMPH!

  9. Nice finds! yup, that looks like a milk glass piece!

  10. i love bargains! i scored an old navy t shirt for two bucks today and was thrilled. (hey its the little things in life!)

  11. So we are calling it retail therapy now? OK, I needed another excuse to go to yard sales! I go for my sanity because I would go crazy if I didn't shop!

  12. Wow you did great at the yard sale. That piece is Milk Glass and looks gorgeous. Can't tell much without more close up photos! I know the call of retail therapy thrifty style!

  13. Great stuff. Love the shape of the milk glass. Really cute. Any markings on it?