Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love

This is my new mantra. My husband and I separated back in December with the hopes of working things out and him coming home. We were both going to work on personal things that just were not getting the attention while being together. It didn’t happen. Last Thursday he flew back into town to get the rest of his things. He just drove out this morning. We had a good weekend today, with our son and with each other. We talked about alot of things and we know this is the best for us. We started out being friends and we are continuing to be friends, not just for our son’s sake, but for us too. We get along much better without the pressures of being in a relationship.

I have grown tremendously in the last 6 months, as a person, as a mom, as a friend and so how has. But in the long run, we know this is best and we are both sincerely fine with our decision.

So here is where this craft comes into play. I made this last week. It was a very easy project. I was super excited when I found these stickers at the dollar store:

stickers

They are repositionable stickers for the wall. I have always known this saying, but in the last few weeks it seems like it has been everywhere. That’s when I decided that I would adopted it as my mantra, to remember to do those three things to the best of my ability.

Here is my supply list:

  • stickers
  • 11 x 14 canvas
  • paint
  • paint brush

003

The canvas I had on hand from a year or so ago when Big Lots was selling tons. The paint is a sample from Home Depot of Behr’s Premium Plus Ultra, Paint & Primer in one, in the color Millstream. It’s a really pretty light blue.

I didn’t take pictures of all the steps because I felt they were super easy and my very smart blogland friends would know right off the bat =)

Painted canvas the night before and positioned stickers the next morning when dry. Store 3 flowers from another project that will be up later this week and hot glued them to the corner of the canvas. Here is a close up of the upcoming project:

flowers

 

They are quite a bit smaller than the other flowers I’ve been making, but I’m totally in love with them:

002

And here is my finished project again. I will be putting this in my room on the wall, along with a few other things I have picked up and a shelf that I still need to paint:

livelaughlove

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!

43 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via DIY. What a great mantra to have! Really cute project too. You have a great attitude and it's great that the two of you are staying friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! Sometimes life doesn't always take us where we expected, but everything happens for a reason.
    Where can I find out how to make those flowers? Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Things happen for a reason and you have the right attitude. Life is delicious. I absolutely love this project with the flower. I plan on doing a variation on this making a vision board using the same type of things and gluing flowers or 3-D Saints of mine too. Great idea. Thanks for sharing this.

    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great. It sounds like you and your husband have made a good decision. I know how hard that can be, but hang in there because it does get better. Your son is absolutely adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over from MIM at Girl Creative. Very nice! I love the colour.
    Angela
    amamas2centsworth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that turned out GREAT! :) visiting from motivate me monday!

    http://coffeypartyof3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your new road :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure how I found you, but I feel for your situation...I can't imagine even blogging or doing projects with all this happening. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that you must have quite a courageous spirit. Take care...

    Suzanne's Blog-Mommy Moves Again

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the name of your blog...was drawn in by your positive outlook on a not so nice situation, and love that you are finding little things to bring you joy. Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you as you start this new chapter of your life. I love your canvas! I'd love for you to link this up to my link party on wednesday...
    www.nikkisniftyknacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea. It sounds like you're on your way to a great fresh start.

    I found you via Keeping it Simple - and I'm now you're newest follower!

    Sam
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! I absolutely love that saying!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is precious! I just adore your flowers - they are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job! Thanks for linking up to Anything Related!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great Do It Yourself project. You are a clever and creative gal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Your flowers are to die for! I love them! I also love the sign you made its so cute!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this turned out great. Good words to live by. So sorry for the separation but you seem to have such a positve attitude about it!

    I host a Friday link party I would love you to join!

    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love!!!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear about you and your husband, but that's great y'all still being friends... good luck with everything!
    I do love your sign! We all need to live by that saying!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your creation! Isn't it fun to find cheap supplies and make a masterpiece?! I'm sorry for your family problems....glad you guys are still friends...always a plus with a kid involved. Good luck with everything!

    Thanks for linking up with PonyTails and FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute! Can't wait to see you flower creation. I'm so sorry you had to go through hard times. It's never fun, but hard times seem to make us into the people we are today. And, it sounds like you are a wonderful person! With an adorable son. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the mantra, and cute project! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This must have been a very hard time for you so it is just wonderful to see that you have remained positive. Good on you.

    Best wishes and thanks for sharing this beautiful idea.
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so pretty. I can't believe they are selling wall stickers at the dollar store- it is my all time favorite place to shop.

    What a great mantra. I love that you and your husband are still friends. It will be wonderful for your son to grow up with parents who don't hate each other.

    Thank you for participating in the Craft Therapy session at Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very charming and meaningful! Your flowers are great!

    love, kelee @ katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm impressed with your attitude and ability to work things out so well with your husband. I wish you all the best for the next stages.

    I love that sign! I've seen those stickers at the dollar store but never thought of doing something like this. Great idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Way to stay so positive!!! YOu're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this darling project;)
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for linking up to my Home and Family Friday linky party. This is a beautiful project. I hope this is the start of a wonderful new life for your and your son.

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this. It's such a pretty way to display this saying. And so classy.

    Thanks for linking up at my link party!

    ~Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very nice project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful project!!

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a cute project! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  37. A very cute project--that is always my advice to married couples. Thanks for linking up to the under $100 party!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so cute! I have always loved this saying! Thanks for linking up with Sweet Charli!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Super cute! I just adore your flowers - the perfect touch! Thanks for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  40. looks great! i love those flowers. excited to see what you use them for next :) thanks for linking to my saturday soiree!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love those flowers and I love that quote! Thanks for posting this on Favorite Things Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and get a "featured" button for your blog, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete