Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pizza Pan ~Into~ Magnet Board

Last Sunday in the Sunday Showcase I saw this posting by the very talented Jennie of Cinnaberry Suite and I said that I had to do this. These memo boards are just so cute. So here is what I came up with:

magnetboard

I went to the Dollar Tree and there were NO cookie sheets. Really? None? Yes NONE. But they had Pizza Pans. AND they were 12” so I thought, ok my paper will fit using only one sheet, lets see what I can come up with. So here is what I did:

012

I sprayed primer along the outside edge of the pan and on 4 magnets:

013

Next came Ivy Green spray paint:

017

(Dont mind the overspray from my memo board project)

While that was drying, I used a plate to make a circle on the back of my paper. The inside of the pizza pan is 11.5” and my plate is 11.25” so I was pretty close:

015

That picture up there is actually of an oops. I had traced a pan that was 12” and when I cut it out, it was too big. Then I actually measured the inside of the pizza pan and redrew the circle and cut. So pretend this is right, k?

Next came the Mod Podge:

018

Then my perfectly fitting paper:

019

Next I hot glued cording to the inside edge of the pizza pan. I did not photograph this part and I have no vampire excuse this time =)

I punched out one 1” circle and mod podged it to one of the painted magnets. Then I glued a thumb tack with E6000 to the magnet part in the back to make this a pin back so I could put it up on the wall. Lastly I hot glued ribbon to the back of the board. I also cut 2 butterflies and hot glued them in the same area as my cording meeting, so you cannot see the way it sits ( Its not pretty). And voila, a hanging pizza pan turned magnet board:

magnetboard

032

magnetboard3

magnetboard4

That’s one of my favorite pics of Kam when he was smaller. Time flies!

I’ll be linking to these great parties found here.


I'm entering this magent board at the CSI Project.

37 comments:

  1. This is super cute! A great idea. Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! Love it!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! Love it.

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I really like this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brillant! i clicked over from (???) because i couldnt figure out what this was! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Ela - The pizza pan is so clever - Love the round shape! Fabulous job {thanks for the party mention!} ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT TURNED OUT SOOOOO CUTE! SO, the cookie sheets are hidden at my Dollar Tree. I wonder if they hide them at yours too? Mine were on an end of an aisle by the frozen foods. NOT WHERE I WAS LOOKING! YOu'd think in the kitchen stuff...nope. Oh well, you did good. This is way cute! I was actually just stopping by to thank you for leaving me such a nice comment! I appreciate that. GLad I stopped by!;)Have a happy day!

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Love the colours you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with this!!! Great job.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Thanks for linking up with PonyTails and FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you on New Friend Friday- what a great project! I've been looking for something just like this- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm stoppy by from It's a Hodge Podge Life. Your magnet board turned out great! I love the color and pattern you used!
    have a great weekend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!! I'm hosting a blog party on Saturday and I'd love it if you linked up!
    http://www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. so so cute! I love the circle! visiting from new friend friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant idea. I love love love crafts that start at the dollar store and turn out looking like high-end boutique items. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello sweet Ela - I'm a new follower of your blog via The Inspired Room! I love your idea of taking a pizza pan and turning into a work of art! That green is so fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! What a fab idea!

    Thanks for linking up at my link party!

    ~Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that! I love circle shapes. How creative to use a pizza pan. I might have to try that. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea and so thrifty too, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out adorable! I would love it if you'd link up to our party today! I love your blog!

    http://nv-craftenvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way this turned out!

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How neat! This looks great! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love magnet boards--what fun paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I featured you on my blog at Link Party #2 Features! Come on over and grab an I ROCK button from my blog!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    Thanks for linking up with PonyTails and FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would have never thought of using a pizza pan as a magnet board! Great idea! Thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. adding this to my list of to do's :) thanks so much for sharing at my saturday soiree!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love my hot glue gun too...it's so much fun!
    Love the magnet board. I might be do this on a square pan!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun idea. I love the look of a round shape....I think the pizza pan is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so very cute and creative! I think it would be so cute to do one for each of my kids' rooms. Thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your magnet board looks great! Thanks for reminding me this is do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea this is going in my office!

    Found you on Singing three little birds

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really really cute! I love the colors that you chose! Thanks for linking it up to the CSi Project!

    xoox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great idea! Into my inspiration folder you go!

    ReplyDelete