Anyone who has been reading my blog, knows that I am
obsessed having alot of fun making my roses. Well I decided to do a little twist on them. I wanted to know if I absolutely had to use felt to make them stable enough or could I use other fabrics. I decided to try some cotton backed with Osnaburg which is a fabric with a similar texture to linen, but much less expensive, especially when you use a coupon. I got mine for $2 a yard after the coupon. So I tried and it worked. However they come out much smaller as you can see here:
Almost half the size. So it takes alot more to fill up a space than the ones backed with felt. It took be half a yard of each fabric plus Heat N Bond to make my Rose Topiary:
It was very hard to take a good picture of this in my livingroom.
Here is a picture of just a small amount of the flowers I used:
I love the print I used. Its this here. I thought it matched the new colors in my bedroom perfectly. Here is a close up of the top:
I used this tutorial for the butterfly. Then I applied some Spanish Moss from the dollar store to the bottom:
The little pot was painted with Behr’s Ultra Premium Paint and Primer in One in the color French Roast, which in my opinion is a close paint match for ORB. I had sprayed the dowel Ivy Leaf my Krylon.
This will go on the same shelf as my Live Laugh Love picture, once the shelf is finished.
Here is it again:
I will be linking to these fabulous parties starting next week. If you have a link party that is not listed on my link parties page, please leave it in the comments or email me so I can join! I love link parties!
Have a great rest of your day =)