Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Leaf Mirror ~ Spray Painted

I saw this cute mirror at Ikea and thought I had to do something with it:

malma

I got 2 and I will show you my other project soon. This time I wanted to use the cuttlebug and a new leaf die I got. So I sprayed the taped off the mirror portion with painters tape and sprayed it with Krylon’s Ivy Leaf.

While that was drying, I took painters tape and wax paper and went to work. I taped over a sheet of wax paper with the painters tape, over lapping like you normally wood:

mirror1

When my sheet was done I took my die:

mirror2

Cut the painters tape/wax paper sheet to size and ran it through the cuttlebug and got these:

029

Then carefully peel the wax paper off the back and you will have stickers:

mirror4

Then place the stickers all over your frame, in any random pattern. You may have some stickers that break in the peeling process. Use them anyway as a filler:

mirror5

I actually really liked this color combo, but the painters tape would never stay. It wasn’t my intention anyways. So next I painted the whole thing with Krylon’s Peekaboo Blue. (I didnt take a picture of this step)

Impatiently When dry, peel the stickers off and Voila! A very cool mirror:

mirror6

Linking to these great link parties plus the CSI Project also!

34 comments:

  1. I agree. Very chic little mirror. Great job!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! Woo Hoo! I love this project. Thank you for linking it to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and sharing this awesome mirror project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love how you made your own stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And thanks for the tip on how to make the stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thats just SUPER cute! Thanks for linking it up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun and easy technique that would work on so many things. Thanks for the idea.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea and your how to is awesome! Gotta try it. Those Ikea mirrors just cry out for a pretty fix up like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how this turned out. Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how summery it looks, like something from Crate and Barrel! It's so cool to know you can make stickers that way - I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks a great frame for a summer memory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and great colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so pretty - I love the colors that you used!

    Thanks so much for linking up to The CSI Project's hardware Store Challenge! We hope you will come back next week for the Martha Stewart-inspired challenge -- The MS Craft Department are our guest judges!!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, who knew? Not me. This is so creative. You should do a series "crafting with tape"

    Thank you for linking this up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is very nice! Thank you for sharing this at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing I am a new follower. Check out my blog if you geta minute. www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The transformation is incredible. I will never look at a plain mirror again without thinking what I could do to liven it up. Great inspiration!

    We're having a giveaway, so do stop by ♥
    Jane T.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree...a very cool mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great project. So simple with big results. Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I featured this too!

    http://lanieree.blogspot.com/2010/06/featuring-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that is so pretty. I love the colors. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ihad no idea youcould do this with wax paper awesome

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is SO cool! What a great idea for any picture frame or home decorator item!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's really cute~thanks for the wax paper and painters tape tutorial! I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a super cute idea! I love it!
    Im your newest follower from the girl creative new friend friday blog hop!
    Come check me out at Menagerie when you get the chance
    www.menagerie3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cute is this! I love it! The colors are darling, and I love the leaf idea! Thanks so much for linkin up to our party this weekend! :) Always fun to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Check you out crafty lady! That turned out darling! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are making me want one of those machines more and more with each post. Great job on the mirror - super cute! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks wonderful! I love the colors you used! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete