Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

By the Door Bag Hook, But Cuter!

Now that Kam is in Preschool, there are things we need to take every so often. Like any papers that need to be signed, his freshly laundered sheet and blanket every monday, and whatever else he may need for school. He doesn’t carry a back pack yet, so we use a reusable shopping bag from Target and we usually just leave it by the door. I wanted it to have a place to hang, so I made this:

009

This was a wooden plaque I picked up at the Dollar Tree on a recent trip:

woodshapes

I sprayed with primer and then one coat of Krylon’s Blue Ocean Breeze which I have been dying to use because Aqua is one of my favorite colors. I also painted a drawer knob that used to say Princess. I traced the oval on the back of matching scrapbook paper and cut it with pinking sheers, just a tad smaller than the outlined. Mod Podged the paper, screwed in the know and viola! An insta-bag-holder.

010

I kept the original ribbon that was already stapled to it to hook it up. I think it needs to be screwed into the wall in case we ever need to take something heavy.

Next up is a better key hook plaque thingy-ma-bob.

I have a bunch of project I am working on and also gathering all the supplies to get started on my chairs. I cannot wait to see how those puppies turn out!

I’ll be linking to these great parties!!

2 comments:

  1. looks super cute! i added myself to your blogroll, and your button to my parties for next week! thanks for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for letting me know about your party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. So simple and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete