Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 5, 2010

For $20 I got What?!? & Help!

On the way home from Home Depot this morning, we decided to take a different route. Where I live, there aren’t usually many garage sales, but I decided to take a chance.

I saw the neon green sign that said “Big Big Big Garage sale <----“ so we turned left. Boy am I glad we did. For $5 a piece I found these:

009

A DIYers dream!! I have been meaning to get inexpensive dining room chairs to last until I possibly move.  I was going to get them from IKEA  for $20 a piece. Then we found these. I had to go to the ATM to take $20 out and I only needed 4. When we came back she said to take all 5 in case one had more problems or whatever. Fine! We loaded them in the car and took them home.

008

(don't mind the dirt outside, we are renovating outside too and have lots of bags of donations waiting for pick up)

I’m so excited!!

010

Some of the pads are still covered in plastic. Clearly that will be removed and new fabric put on.

Here is a chair that I have been hoarding  keeping around for a while. It was my grandmothers chair that she used at her desk. I won’t part with it. Now I can paint and recover all six and they almost will look like a set.

grandmaschair

Close enough for me. We have a small table that seats 4, for now. When we move I’ll get a table that matches, for 6 and be all set. I’m soooo excited.

**Now here is my dilemma. What fabric do I use?? I want a print, something nice, but nothing too bright. I’m soooooo confused on what color scheme to go with. If you have suggestions or links to great fabrics, PLEASE leave them in the comments.**

Linking up to some of these great parties!

Thanks!!

12 comments:

  1. niiiice!!!! NOW that was definately a great find!! Can't wait to see them recovered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a deal - I want to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing!! I was at a garage sale where they had chairs too, but they were very ugly. I mean beyond repair, but if I needed 2 dozen ashtrays, I could have bought those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful chairs and price. I agree the chairs will look great even with the slightly different one. Maybe wait to pick out fabric until you move.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic find!!! I'll keep checking back to see what you did with them!

    http://LesaSpeaksOut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! What a deal! They are gorgeous and such a good match to your grandmother's chair. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you - what a great deal! Looking forward to seeing them recovered

    ReplyDelete
  8. Score, garage sales rock. And you got a wonderful purchase. Now re-cover those babies and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great score on those chairs! I can't wait to see what fabric you choose. I got 4 chairs like that recently and have been debating what color scheme to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great find! Always fun to these awesome chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a deal. I just bought chairs last week and though I had a bargain!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I had to downsize to move, I gave my children the large sets of furniture. For the two of us, I bought 4 chairs at a yard sale and cleaned them up, painted and reupholstered the seats to match my decor. These were some seriously bad chairs but oh so worth the price. If any legs or arms are loose, you can tighten them up. If you can imagine it, you can do it. Good Luck and I kn ow they will turn out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete